Please note: There is no section in this new questionaire for allergies. I am allergic to WOOL and LANOLIN. Please don't send WOOL to me. I break out in hives, it swells my throat and I can't breathe. Its not nice to kill your secret pal. Don't worry if yarn or something has been touching wool, but don't send WOOL in my package. Please.
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
One word: No. I do prefer natural fibers, but honestly I'll knit with anything that's not wool. Even better when its black.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
No, I don't want to spin, and I'm afraid of crochet.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I use mostly interchangeables, but I'm DYING to get some storage for my DPN collection. I want something that holds 0-10 (at least), I know they make them!
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
A few years this time around. I learned as a youngin :) I think I'm an intermediate I guess, I'd be an advanced knitter if I cared about more things like charts and steeking I guess.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Absolutely. My Amazon wishlist is here, and my Froogle wishlist is here.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I own a soap company, so I'm pretty open to scented items. I'm really like Almond and food scents lately.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yep. I like chocolate, and gummy candies. Like worms.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
You name it I've done it at one point. I'm pretty much sticking to the whole knitting pastime lately. I'm also addicted to video games. *sigh*
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like 80's stuff and goth/industrial.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Black. I can't stand brown. I like black, if all fails, buy me black yarn and I'll love you. No, really. I love jewel tones. Pastels just won't work out.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a husband, a bunny (Raven) and a cat (Bella).
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
No, but I make a lot of scarves, hats and mittens. I run from ponchos.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Alpaca, soy silk, bamboo, cotton
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Wool. I'm not to into those ladder novelty yarns either, but they look cute in some scarves I guess.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Using stash so I don't have to feel so guilty. I love patterns as well.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
17. What are you knitting right now?
A womb, and a bear. There's a list a few posts back.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circulars all the way. I have 3 different sets of interchangeables!
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo above all.
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes and yes...well, waiting for the swift in the mail.
22. How did you learn to knit?
My grandma taught me when I was 3. I picked it up again as a teen, and then again a few years back.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Uh, I knit 1-2 items at a time, I don't collect UFOs.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
BUNNIES!!!! And for birds: Peacocks. I have a huge back tattoo that's peacock wings.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
My birthday, November 14th.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Bunnies, and hobbies.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
The new book by Joan McGowan-Michael that will be out in the spring (White Lies Designs). I do love books, but don't have any from specific companies like Rowan (Calmer, yummy!) or Debbie Bliss books. Those would rock!
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'm just cruising along. I like to knit all things from socks to cables and so on.
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I do, but I usually give them all away. I'm a size 10 womens.
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
November 14th ;)