Sunday, March 30, 2008

Doin' it again

This yarn just needs to be a Clapotis, so I started it this morning during a thunderstorm. This one is going to be fun! The yarn was too big for my yarn winder, so it is an old school ball, that is HUGE!

Best Blankie

So after 6 skeins and I wasn't done, I decided that this looks okay as a rectangle. Ugh. I'm very happy with the pattern, but NOT at all happy with how this washed up! It pilled everywhere. It looks used and blah, and the little girl hasn't even gotten it yet. I'm glad I did wash it though, so that it won't freak the mom out when she washes it herself.

Bernat cotton tots, you steered me wrong man! I'm sure they won't notice though.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Progress Photos

Here is what Best Blankie looks like as of today. I'm about 60% done I think. Who the heck knows anymore. I should have ripped back when I figured out it was way too wide. Oh well. I think it might be nicknamed "Best Afghan" since it is going to be a lot bigger than a blankie! Who knows though...its cotton and will probably shrink in the wash *sigh*.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Checking in

Thought I would take this opportunity to say "hi"! Yep, still working on the baby blanket. It is almost half done. Ugh. I made it wider than I anticipated, so that means it has to be longer. I guess I will use close to all the 8 skeins I have. Figures. I haven't been knitting much during the week because I've been so darn tired. When I do start knitting though, I'm eager to finish!

Think this would make a great clapotis? Its about 740 yds.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Not Plaid Mittens

This is the second time I've used the pattern for 'Plaid Mittens' but these turned out way better. I had knit 75% of the first one when I realized it was way too big. Reduced it by 4 stitches, only did 8 increase stitches on the thumb as well (but still went to 12 rows). These are knit at a pretty tight gauge so they should be really warm. Glad they aren't a gift because one of the two skeins I had to use had a lot of pink in it, and the other had none. So freaking weird. Same dyelot too, if that makes a difference with Bernat Black Lites. I'd have to go back to my sweater to see if there was pink in it or not.

Now I have just enough yarn for a coffee cup sleeve. If I feel like making a bulky one. Who knows!