Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Krista is done



Wow, I really can knit when I put my mind to it! I did take 2 days off because well, I didn't want to knit. I also took an extra 2 days to sew on the sleeves. Yeah. I was done Sunday, but finished on Tuesday night. It also took me 2 weekend days to get the sleeves done. I lost a bit of steam ;) I'm suprised it didn't take a lot of yarn. It took 348 yds! I added 3" to the bottom and still had to really block it out to make it decent. No waist shaping, but I did do it in the round so I didn't have to seam up the sides. I was way too lazy to remember decreases and stuff, so I just kept the extra stitches. It doesn't look bad.

I'm so happy with how Canada has been doing in the Olympics. I got my Olympic Mittens from Vancouver so I can cheer on my home and native land. Yay!

2 comments:

elspeth said...

It's gorgeous! BTW, last night at my Burlingame knitting group, someone mentioned we were the "knitters in mourning" because we were all knitting in black - and I even had 2 black projects with me! (They never knit in black, I was surprised.)

Lady Euphoria Deathwatch said...

Hi Shannan,

I love this pattern. And it looks so good on you. Of course done in black it is perfect.

Could you please tell me where I could find the pattern. I'd like to try this one myself.

Hugs, Euphoria