Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Story of Op Art

I do admit, it has taken me quite a long time to finish this blanket. It is for a coworker, well, was. I finished it "early" (aka, the shower is on Saturday) and popped it in the wash.

My knots came undone. Terribly undone. You see, at the beginning I wasn't leaving much of a tail because I was pulling my knots really tight. Or so I thought.

I tried to darn it, and well, it sucks. A lot. I'm pretty upset as this has taken months. I'm 95% positive I'm going to donate it to the animal shelter. I have the baby kimono sweater from my last post I can give her with a gift card. I'm just so embarrassed I made such a stupid mistake. If I had left longer tails I could have avoided this.


elspeth said...

It looks gorgeous either way!

radioactivegan said...

I know this is super late, but how sad!!! Your blanket is so pretty. I'm having a similar problem with a granny square blanket that I made where the centers all like to come out :P

Lucky thing that sweater is so, so pretty :)