Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Sox, and xmas.

Well, I emailed my mom inlaw, asking what they wanted for xmas. I figured, if I'm going to make something again for them, they better damn well use whatever I make.

I gave her a list...sweaters, socks, slippers and such. She chose socks for the family. (I only need to impress her really, so her opinion matters)

So it looks like I'm giving socks for xmas. That's 4 pairs for the inlaws. I have the book Knit Socks! and ambition.

I feel bad that I can't make them nice wool socks, but they will live. There's always fixation and sock it to me. My list is looking like this:

MIL: socks. In a felted bag?
FIL: socks. With comfy slippers?
SIL: socks. With maybe a newsboy cap? Or another felted bag? She's not very stylish.
BIL: socks. With um, something from his amazon list?

Then there is my family. I'm not so certain on socks for them, but I can if I feel like it. I do owe my brother a hat.

Brother: Hat, socks?
SIL: Felted bag
Niece: Felted bag, or something really funky for a 16 yr old

So I need to go through my book, and pick out a few patterns to look at. Then see if I can knit socks proficiently. Hah.

4 comments:

HoJo said...

What's nice about fixation socks is that you get to do them on slightly larger needles (say 4's) so they knit up really fast. Too bad I don't have any fixation in black to offer you ;}

Elspeth said...

The beginning socks pattern I have calls for size 6 needles. Of course you don't wear them in your shoes (well, I did in my very large shoes), but they do make a quicker knit. I made some for my dad too and it was a lot quicker than the smaller socks. Either way, you'd better get started now! I just realized my mom's b-day is on Tuesday, now I have to crank something out.

Shannon said...

I'll have to venture into the realm of colour for these socks hojo ;)

Elspeth said...

Actually, I have some black Fixation! I got it at ImagiKnit.