Thursday, June 09, 2005

Details...and should I bother destashing

So I'm planning my next projects! I need to destash, and not knit something on DPNs (bunny toys and such) for the next few projects I think).

Planned: The Silk Camisole from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, and the famous Boobholder (Minisweater) from Glampyre Knits.

Now, I have this cone of velvety thin thin "chenille" I bought on ebay when I was a yarn buying virgin. The person who sold it to me said it was worsted weight. HAH. You big fat satanic smelly mukluk! This is not very sweater worthy! I've swatched it and had to go down 2 needle sizes for the cami, but at least I got a gauge that works for it.

*I* think its worth it to just do it. Its only a cami. I'm hoping it won't worm to hell either. I have NO idea what else to use this 1200 yards of stuff for if not for this project. I only need 870, but then I won't feel so bad about it just sitting in my box if its been mostly used. Don't mind me, I'm trying to convince myself out loud. I'm going to use my new bamboo interchangeable set for this...yay! Since I'm going down 2 needle sizes, I can't seem to get away from size 5's! One day I will knit something that is NOT on 5's. Really. Well, the Fuzzy Feet are 10's...I'm just talking sweaters here.

The boobholder will be in Cotton Ease! Finally, an excuse to buy it! Hah!

Anyway, I'm trying to be good and spend my money on my secret pal ;) I'll finish up my Fuzzy Feet this weekend hopefully (maybe not felted, but knitted up) and probably cast on for the lacey bottom of the cami.

No comments: