I'm allergic to wool and lanolin. It's a severe airborne allergy as well as tactile. Not just hives, it can kill me. Don't send wool. That would be unkind.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love natural fibers: cotton, hemp, alpaca, bamboo. Wool is evil.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I got a great case from my last SP, and I keep straights in a cool round wine gift box. Most of the time I use my interchangeable systems, and they come in their own.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
This time around 3 years. I say I'm intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Almond. I like fruity scents too.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yep! I like gummy candies, and high quality chocolate!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
You name it I've done it at one point. I'm pretty much sticking to the whole knitting pastime lately. I'm also addicted to video games. *sigh* I don’t spin at all.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like 80s stuff and goth/industrial.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Black. I can't stand brown. I like black, if all fails, buy me black yarn and I'll love you. No, really. I like jewel tones as well. Pastels just won't work out.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
And the cast is:
Bunny Rabbit: Raven
(no, we're not afraid to use our real names online, feel free to try to steal our identities. We don't like em much anyway)
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
No. Well, I'm sure I will wear scarves, hats and mittens in the winter here. No on any circumstances for the ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Things for me, and toys for charity. I'm on a top kick lately. I love new patterns.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Green Gables tee. In black of course!
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yep, I own both!
17. How did you learn to knit?
My grandma taught me when I was 3. Yes, she did. Honest.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
I don’t have any. My GG is currently 2 days old.
19. What is your favorite holiday?
My birthday. (Nov 14)
20. Is there anything that you collect?
I like bunnies. And black yarn. I seem to collect a lot of both.
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Some Rowan books or magazines would rock. I also love Japanese knitting books and magazines. I only have 1 kitty book now. I have no magazine subscriptions, but would love Interweave Knits or Vogue Knitting.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'm not chomping at the bit to learn anything specific. Just to be a better knitter.
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, I guess I am. I take a womens 10. Never made any for myself. I'm such a dork!
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)