1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
One word: No. I do prefer natural fibers, but honestly I'll knit with anything that's not wool.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
No, I don't want to spin, and I'm afraid of crochet. Read back a few posts, I have a mental breakdown when it comes to crochet. I'm deathly afraid of it.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
WOOL WOOL WOOL and LANOLIN. Please don't send WOOL to me. I break out in hives, it swells my throat and I can't breathe. Its not nice to kill your secret pal. Don't worry if yarn or something has been touching wool, but don't send WOOL in my package. Please.
4. How long have you been knitting?
Years :) This time around about 2?
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yup! Amazon is here, and you can see my Froogle list there (a work in progress, but mostly knitting).
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like fruity over floral I guess.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I make soap, jewelry, sew, quilt...so many things. I've dabbled in just about everything! I LOVE being crafty!
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I *heart* MP3s :) CDs are good too. I like 80's poppy stuff, goth/industrial and things like that.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Black. No, really. Black. "Knit it in Black"...get it? Black. I love jewel tones. Pastels just won't work out. At all. Also, I hate brown. I would take pastels over brown.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a DH, a kitty (Bella) and a bunny (Raven).
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To work full time on my soap company ( The Alchemic Dragon ), to own a house, and to win the lotto. Oh, and "move back to Canada" is high on the list too.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Alpaca, soy silk, bamboo, cotton....mmm...love.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Wool That whole death thing again. I'm not to into those ladder novelty yarns either, but they look cute in some scarves I guess.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I've been into tank tops and summer tops. Now besides xmas gift socks, I think I want a few sweaters. I get the most use out of cartigans, but ALL potential sweaters must have shaping to them. Toys are fun too.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Just about everything is fun to knit!
17. What are you knitting right now?
18. What do you think about ponchos?
I think they are a special version of hell.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circs actually. Straights hurt my arms.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo...*swoon* I still haven't tried any Addis!
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yep! But no wool ;)
22. How did you learn to knit?
My grandma taught me when I was 3. I picked it up again as a teen, and then again a few years back.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
About 3 days old. I tend to finish off things before I start another.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
BUNNIES!!!! And for birds: Peacocks. I have a huge back tattoo that's peacock wings.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
My birthday, November 14th. I'll be 30! Yay!
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Bunnies. Yarn. Hobbies *smirk*
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None. I pick up Rebecca when I can, I don't have very many and am going to build up my back issue collection (I have 28 to current)
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
The new book by Joan McGowan-Michael that will be out in the spring (White Lies Designs). I do love books, but don't have any from specific companies like Rowan (Calmer, yummy!) or Debbie Bliss books. Those would rock!
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
I haven't bought Rogue yet, but I'd like to. As I said, I'm on the hunt for fitted patterns. My waist needs the shaping ;)