Sunday, September 11, 2005

A full day

Well, yesterday Elspeth and I ventured to HoJo's house for shopping! It was a lot of fun, even if I did get weird and dizzy. Freaky. I blame it on my first trip to Los Altos! Hehe! HoJo, I don't think its yarn related, but annoying none the less.

I had to check out the alpaca ROOM. Wow, the colours were really great (even the not black), and now I just need some master plans for them. I generally don't knit with anything DK weight, but I know I'm going to now! I bought a Katrina Bear and had a hard time deciding on the colour.



I decided on Navy. Its a purply navy and really pretty. I have eyes for the critter (who will more likely end up a bunny) and they are black. So if I got the black, I'd have to make a panda or something, which is totally doable, but well, I want to try out the yarn in a basic pattern first. Its really soft, and for a good cause. You can get them on her site.

Oh, and I finished my Rustic Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. It was going to charity until Ben fell in love with it and told me I owed him a scarf.



Unfortunately, even the 20% wool in the Wool Ease was killing my eyes and throat. Not like the "I'm going to die" that I get from going to Stitches or being around roving, but annoying enough to rush to finish off my stash of it so I can be rid of it all. I have 3 more balls, which is no big deal at all. I have projects planned, I'll just have to do them quickly ;)

Bad news is that my coveted Silk Garden I've been drooling over (virtually) is 20% wool. Ya. If I make something in Silk Garden, I want it for MEEE and to WEAR it dammit! Ugh. I think I just need to cut out everything with the "W" word in it. Not like they ever really go below 20% anyway. Bastards.

Cast on for Mom Inlaws socks. They are the Pretty Comfy Sock by Debbie Young. Charts! Okay, its written out, and honestly, I need to start this with the longhand instructions. Socks and charts are a bit much for me at the moment. I've never done a SRW. This will be interesting!

2 comments:

Elspeth said...

Wow the scarf looks great! Will you be able to live with Ben wearing it around?

Shannon said...

I'm sure I will :)