Wednesday, December 13, 2006
I finished this weeks ago but finally got around to a photo. I really do like it. The plastic in the brim is great. You can't really see the cables, but I swear they are there. It is the perils of knitting in black.
The pattern calls for 200yds, but I used maybe a bit more than half a skein of Cotton Ease which is 207yds. I can weigh it and tell you exactly how much I used, but honestly, "it was quite a bit less than 200yds" is accurate enough for the morning.
Great quick project. Don't be afraid of it, the instructions in Stitch & Bitch Nation are very well written.