Friday, March 31, 2006

I generally don't review books.

I couldn't help but pick up a book tonight at the bookstore.

Inspired Cable Knits

Wow, just wow. I flipped through this book expecting to see a lot of pretty droolworthy wool sweaters. Um, NOT! There are 7 of 20 patterns that used 0% wool. Now that might not seem like a lot to you, but seeing beautiful 100% cotton, silk, hemp and other stuff with pretty cables holding up is amazing.

These sweaters will take a LONG time however, most of them are at a very fine gauge. They are classic and worth it. On my list of to knit: Peek a Boo (the last white sweater but no icord), Celtic Icon (the hoodie, but it looks like Rogue and I own that pattern), Open to Change (a beautiful cotton sweater) and Go with the Flow (a cotton tank top).

Very worth it if you love cables. Not so worth it if you aren't patient enough ;)

No comments: