Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I'm in Secret Pal 5!

Here is my questionaire!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

Not at all. I love acrylics, since I'm VERY ALLERGIC to wool. I do think natural fibers are keen.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I can't really spin, and I'm horrid at crochet. In fact, it scares me. A lot. I can't understand the whole 1 needle thing, but I respect it!


3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

WOOL and LANOLIN. Please don't send me wool. I break out in hives, it swells my throat and I can't breathe. Its not nice to kill your secret pal. I think I'm a bit sensitive to Alpaca, but I'm using it and I haven't died. That's a good thing.

4. How long have you been knitting?

This time around 2 or so years? Its hard to keep track! I learned when I was little and have gone off and on.


5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Absolutely! Its right here! Don't mind all the soap books, I'm building my library and its for reference on what I don't have.


6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Probably peach. I love anything fruity or foodie smelling. Hate Patchouli.


7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Oh yes!


8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I make soap, jewelry, sew, quilt...so many things. I've dabbled in just about everything! I LOVE being crafty!


9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I *heart* MP3s :) CDs are good too. I like 80's poppy stuff, goth/industrial and things like that.


10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

Blue. Black Black Black! I love jewel tones. Pastels just won't work out. At all. Also, I hate brown. I would take pastels over brown.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I have a DH, a kitty (Bella) and a bunny (Raven).

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

To work full time on my soap company ( The Alchemic Dragon ), to own a house, and to win the lotto. Oh, and "move back to Canada" is high on the list too.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I've been loving cotton actually. Alpaca is for my next project. Its nice and "wool like" I think. Soy silk, bamboo, mmm...natural fibers rock, but I haven't rounded out my stash with them yet.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Wool. That whole death thing again. I'm not to into those ladder novelty yarns either, but they look cute in some scarves I guess *shrug*.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Finishing my Angelina! I'm loving sweaters, but I think I'm going to make at least a tank top or 2 before my next one.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Sweaters. Gifts of any kind. I love giving my work to people who appreciate it.

17. What are you knitting right now?

Angelina! She's going to be beautiful!

18. What do you think about ponchos?

Hate. They make me look like a hippo.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

Circular all the way. I do everything on them.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I haven't tried Addis, just bamboo and plastic (Denise).

21. Are you a sock knitter?

I want to make half socks (the kind for clogs) but I guess I need a toe-up pattern. No idea. Its the only kind of sock I wear.

22. How did you learn to knit?

My grandma taught me when I was 3. I picked it up again as a teen, and then again a few years back.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

A couple years I guess. I didn't keep anything from my other 2 attempts.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

BUNNIES!!!! And for birds: Peacocks. I have a huge back tattoo that's peacock wings.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

My birthday (November 14th), or I guess Halloweeen.

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Bunnies. Hobbies *smirk*

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

None! I do pick up Rebecca whenever I can find it.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

I love books.

No comments: