Sunday, October 15, 2006

OOpsie, I ran out of yarn ;)

So I knew I was going to run out of yarn. Pretty positive. I didn't knit really this week at all. So on Friday night I finished up my last ball and ordered 2 more. I should need 1. I have maybe half a sleeve left. I've already seamed up everything besides the one side. Oh, and it looks pretty bad, but honestly, I'm not really caring, as it should be comfy enough for work. And the back was WAY shorter than the front, which is never good. But I forced it, and it is together.

Oh, but there is cr*chet on the neck edges. I might bribe Ben's coworker to do it. She loves my baking, and honestly, I will bake for cr*chet. WTF is a shrimp stitch, and why don't they give instructions in a damn knitting pattern. Sheesh!

So last night I started a new scarf with the yarn Raquel pushed on me months ago. I couldn't picture it as anything, but I did pick up another ball last week in hopes of a scarf. I had fully planned on a drop stitch scarf, but my heart wasn't in it. I opted for a diagonal scarf. It is looking really darn cute. I think I'm going to make a pair of puffy mittens out of my snowflake yarn. It is getting cold here, and I'm not liking it one bit.

I go back to work tomorrow. It isn't a good sign that I can barely keep my eyes open huh? Going knitting this afternoon and then my hubands belated birthday dinner (with family) tonight. See, if I'm exhausted and in a weak dispostion, I can get in and out of the restaurant quickly. They haven't seen me since my surgery since my mother inlaw has been in a cast herself (foot surgery a week before my surgery). She finally has a walking cast, but is back at work. I'm dreading tomorrow. I should have taken that 3rd week. Doh! You know it is bad when you get too tired to knit, but can't sleep!

1 comment:

itslikearuin said...

Man, I hate crochet. I just can not get the hang of it at all.

Sorry, just needed to vent, I'm too afraid of the backlash to do it on LJ :D