Saturday, March 01, 2008

Not Plaid Mittens



This is the second time I've used the pattern for 'Plaid Mittens' but these turned out way better. I had knit 75% of the first one when I realized it was way too big. Reduced it by 4 stitches, only did 8 increase stitches on the thumb as well (but still went to 12 rows). These are knit at a pretty tight gauge so they should be really warm. Glad they aren't a gift because one of the two skeins I had to use had a lot of pink in it, and the other had none. So freaking weird. Same dyelot too, if that makes a difference with Bernat Black Lites. I'd have to go back to my sweater to see if there was pink in it or not.

Now I have just enough yarn for a coffee cup sleeve. If I feel like making a bulky one. Who knows!

1 comment:

Becka - The Knitting Wounded said...

You find the neatest non-wool yarns! Good luck on the bestest blankie!